Pay What You Can Webinars
For our webinars, we use a Pay What You Can model and instead, ask folks to literally pay what you can. We provide recommended ranges and minimums* to help guide your decision. When people who can pay more do, it makes it possible for us to compensate our team fairly and well, while still keeping our offerings financially accessible. If you are not sure how to decide, check out the graphic below to help you consider.
*Eventbrite requires a minimum payment of $1.
How Sliding Scale Works
We understand that it can be hard to figure out exactly how to assess your own circumstances, and that everyone’s circumstances are different and often changing. We have put together this quick guide to help you along.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Each event lists a “full price” ticket.
- We set aside a specific number of sliding scale spaces for each event.
- When folks are able and willing to pay at the benefactor level, we redistribute those funds to cover the costs of the ticket for others who cannot afford to pay the full fee. Depending on when someone registers, we may be able to use those funds to make another sliding scale seat available in that same training — otherwise we put it towards a seat in a future training.
Paying Out of Pocket
If you are attending for your own personal or professional growth but are not being reimbursed by your workplace to attend, please use the following guidelines.
- The benefactor tickets are for the cost of the course, plus an additional contribution that allows us to make more sliding scale seats available at the next offering.
- The full price covers all of the costs associated with your attendance but does not provide support for others to attend.
- The sliding scale seats are for those for whom it would create a significant burden or hardship to pay the full price, and redistributes money from those who can afford to pay more to offset the costs of attendance.
If you are attending through your workplace (or being reimbursed by your workplace to attend), or you are an employer who is sending participants with the primary goal of changing your workplace culture or having the resulting skills benefit your organization or clients, we recommend:
- For organizations who have an annual budget of over $500,000, have an income ratio of more than $75,000 per employee, or have a professional development fund of more than $5000, we invite you to register at the benefactor level.
- For organizations who have an annual budget of between $250,00 and $499,999, an income ratio of between $50,000 and $74,999 per employee, or have a professional development fund of $1,000-$5,000, we invite you to register at the full price.
- For organizations who have an annual budget of less than $250,000, an income ratio of less than $50,000 per employee, and do not have a professional development fund, we invite you to register at the sliding scale rate.