Beyond Clinical Interventions for Trans & Non-Binary Clients – 11/11-11/12
Shifting from Clinician to Advocate: Beyond Clinical Interventions for Our Transgender and Non-Binary Clients
Are you a mental health provider who wants to be a better ally or advocate for transgender and non-binary individuals? The purpose of this course is for clinicians who already serve transgender and non binary clients to expand their advocacy skills. Participants will engage in self reflection, small group scenarios with skill application, and individual action planning with the goal of increasing their skills to interrupt anti-transgender microaggressions and practices, build referral networks of trans inclusive providers, and identify local advocacy efforts. Participants will walk away with a deeper and more practical understanding of how they can continue to support their trans and non binary clients both inside and outside of the therapy office.
The purpose of this course is for clinicians who already serve transgender and non binary clients to expand their advocacy skills, interrupt transphobic microaggressions and practices, build referral networks of trans inclusive providers, and identify local advocacy efforts so that they can continue to support their trans and non binary clients both inside and outside of the therapy office.
Feel like you could use a bit more of a refresher or introduction to trans and non-binary topics in clinical settings before signing up for this? Try our 2-part series!
PART 1: Foundations of Awareness: An Intro for Clinicians – 9/9/21
PART 2: Working With Transgender and Non-Binary Clients: Integrating Therapeutic Models of Care – 10/12/21
By the end of the 2-day course:
- Participants will be able to explain 5 current and affirmative terms that apply to transgender and non binary communities.
- Participants will be able to identify at least 3 best practices for allyship towards transgender and non-binary clients.
- Participants will be able to demonstrate 3 different skills of allyship in a clinical setting during role play scenarios.
- Participants will be able to name 3 areas outside of the therapy room for supporting clients.
- Participants will be able to evaluate their level of trans inclusivity and recognize areas of growth inside their own practice.
- Participants will be able to demonstrate correct use of pronouns and ability to correct others in the moment when the wrong pronoun is being used.
- Participants will be able to identify and practice skills to interrupt microaggressions, bias, and prejudice against transgender and non-binary clients.
- Participants will be able to compile a professional network of trans affirming resources and referrals both locally and nationally in order to reduce barriers that TNB clients experience in other areas
Sliding Scale Rates:
We want folks who want to attend to be able to do so, regardless of economic constraints, while also making sure that we are operating in accordance with our values of paying our trainers fairly for their time, energy and lived experiences, while using sustainable business practices. (Please see our blog post here for a deeper dive into how we selected our sliding scale structure.) The full cost of attendance is $150 per person. We set aside a certain number of Sliding Scale spaces, but when folks who can afford to pay more do (Benefactors), we are able to use the difference in price to make another sliding scale seat available to those in need at this or a future offering. Please see our guide here before picking a payment level, or use our handy graphic to help determine your registration level.
- $150-$350 – 15+ seats available (Full Price [$150] & Benefactor levels [$200, $250, $300, $350])
- $50 – 3 seats available (Sliding Scale)
- $100 – 3 seats available (Sliding Scale)
Continuing Education (CE) Credits:
This program meets the requirements of the American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists (AASECT) and is approved for 8 hours of CE credits. These CE credits may be applied toward AASECT certification and renewal of certification.
AASECT CEs are accepted by many mental health and medical credentialing bodies – please check with your board about how AASECT credits can be transferred. (Each board is different, and we would never want to misguide you, so we are unable to advise about whether or not your board will accept AASECT credits.)
You must register for CEs in order to receive them for this offering. Before you check out, you will be provided with the option to add CEs to your registration. (It is located as an additional option below each of the registration levels.)
Finalizing your registration:
Once you have completed your registration, you will receive confirmation from Eventbrite, along with an email from TTI Registration – that email will include a link to a registration survey that you will need to complete in order to finalize your attendance.
Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with our webinar & course policies. If you have any questions or concerns, please visit our website, or email our Registration Coordinator, Forever Moon, at email@example.com. (Please note that our emails sometimes get stuck in spam folders because of the word transgender. If you are missing an email from us, please check your spam/junk folder.)
TTI is proudly trans-owned and run business. We are a team of transgender and non-binary educators who facilitate professional development and personal growth trainings with the goal of creating a more just, equitable and affirming world. All of our content is facilitated by our team of transgender and non-binary educators, so you are always learning directly from –and financially supporting– transgender and non-binary community members.
The funds generated from this webinar go directly to our team members, with 55% going to the facilitator, 30% going to the support team, and 15% going to cover our operating expenses. Learn more about us and our values here.