Want to be a better ally or advocate for transgender and non-binary individuals? Come join us for TTI’s Ally/Advocate Training Camp (ATC)! This class helps participants increase their transgender-related knowledge and provides opportunities to practice the key skills needed by allies to be effective advocates. Whether you have a family member who has recently come out to you as transgender or non-binary, you want to better support a friend or loved one who is transitioning, are seeking to be a more effective ally in the workplace or you just want to be better informed, ATC will help build your knowledge and skills to be a better ally and advocate!
Our Ally/Advocate Training Camp helps participants:
- Have a better understanding of what it is like to be transgender or non-binary, and the related opportunities and challenges.
- Explore the coming out processes for transgender and non-binary people, and how to best beof support as an ally.
- Have a strong understanding of transgender related terminology, as well as language to avoid.
- Understand the ways in which gender restrictions impact people of all gender identities and expressions.
- Understand the key components, nuances and responsibilities that come with being an ally for transgender and non-binary communities.
- Experience greater comfort and ease with asking for affirming name and pronouns,and correcting others when they misname or misgender a transgender or non-binary person.
- Having more tools and skills to interrupt microaggressions, bias and prejudice towards transgender and non-binary individuals.
- Be more confident when advocating for transgender and non-binary individuals, both personally and professionally.
- Be familiar with the resources available for transgender and non-binary individuals, and their loved ones.
- Have a better understanding of how to engage in local, state and national advocacy for the rights of transgender and non-binary individuals.