Navigating the Sliding Scale
We understand that it can be hard to figure out exactly how to assess your own circumstances, and that everyone’s circumstances are different and often changing. We have put together this quick guide to help you along. (Learn more about how we got here, here.)
Here’s what you need to know:
- The full cost of attendance for Ally/Advocate Training Camp is $250 per person.
- We set aside a certain number of sliding scale spaces (at two levels – $75 & $150).
- When folks are able and willing to pay more ($325, $400, $500), we redistribute those funds to cover the costs of the ticket for others who cannot afford to pay the full fee. Depending on when someone registers, we may be able to use those funds to make another sliding scale seat available in that same training — otherwise we put it towards a seat in a future training.
Here are the total number of ATC seats we have available:
- $250-$500 – 15+ seats available (Full Price [$250] & Benefactor levels [$325, $400, $500])
- $150 – 3 seats available (Sliding Scale)*
- $75 – 3 seats available (Sliding Scale)*
Determining Your Price Level for Individual Registration:
If you are attending for your own personal or professional growth but are not being reimbursed by your workplace to attend, please use the following guidelines. (If not, please scroll down for Organizational Guidelines.) Unfortunately, we are unable to help cover travel costs at this time, so if you are traveling from out of town to attend ATC, please consider your travel costs and accommodations as part of determining your registration level.
- The benefactor tickets ($325-500) are for the cost of the course, plus an additional contribution that allows us to make more sliding scale seats available in this ATC or the next offering of ATC.
- The full price ($250) covers all of the costs associated with your attendance but does not provide support for others to attend.
- The lower priced tickets ($75, $125) are for those for whom it would create a significant burden or hardship to pay the full price, and redistributes money from those who can afford to pay more to offset the costs of attendance.
Determining Your Price Level for Organizational Registration:
If you are attending through your workplace (or being reimbursed by your workplace to attend), or you are an employer who is sending participants with the primary goal of changing your workplace culture or having the resulting skills benefit your organization or clients, we recommend:
- For organizations who have an annual budget of over $500,00, have an income ratio of more than $75,000 per employee, or have a professional development fund of more than $2000, we invite you to register at the benefactor level.
- For organizations who have an annual budget of between $250,00 and $499,999, an income ratio of between $50,000 and $74,999 per employee, or have a professional development fund of $1,000-$2,000, we invite you to register at the full price.
- For organizations who have an annual budget of less than $250,00, an income ratio of less than $50,000 per employee, and do not have a professional development fund, we invite you to register at the sliding scale rate.